Zomato as an organization has grown and scaled multifold over the last few years. We are committed to bringing the best food to everyone; no matter who they are and what they can afford.
To know more about what’s cooking at Zomato, here is our Annual Report FY’19 , HY’20 and this is what life at Zomato looks like. Creating and re-inventing has been a key practice at Zomato and at this point we require folks who can help us keep pace with the dynamic ecosystem we are all a part of. Check out our blog for all the latest updates.
About the role
Zomato is more than 8 years old on the iTunes Store, and one of the top apps. In 19 countries, the de-facto way people order or discover food is Zomato. Our tight-knit iOS team works on a wide range of cutting edge products – from an array of high-quality consumer applications to building world class solutions for restaurant owners.
As a member of the platform team, you are expected to be always on the lookout for performance and reliability issues, and not just fix them, but ensure an architecture that does not lead to them in the first place.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day
- Own the entire development lifecycle as you prototype, create, optimise, test, launch, and refine iOS apps
- Develop cutting edge functional modules and kits that will be integrated across all our iOS apps
- Work closely with our backend team to interface with RESTful API services and contribute to the backend code when needed
- Upkeep of general iOS codebase at Zomato – keeping SDKs and libraries up to date, ensuring latest security patches to libraries are pulled in
- Maintain and evolve the architecture of multiple Zomato iOS apps
- Build reusable libraries, toolkits and developer tools for usage across multiple mobile teams in Zomato
- Work with fellow designers and developers in an iterative environment with short and heavy impact development cycles
- Brainstorm, contribute new ideas, think of innovative strategies, and implement solutions to difficult problems
- Work with the real-time feedback from our users to make the product better
Who fits the bill?
- 5+ Years of experience with native iOS Development
- Top-notch programming skills in Objective C/Swift and Apple’s SDKs and frameworks (Foundation, UIKit, Core Data, etc) along with proficiency in using Xcode
- Experience in working with RESTful APIs, third party SDK Integrations and common technologies like HTTPS, JSON, OAuth, and SQL
- Experience in shipping iOS apps with a large user base, ideally currently available on the App Store
- Command of memory management, view hierarchy, battery optimisation, and in-depth experience with multithreaded and networked applications
- Focus on product design and pixel-perfect implementation of design into code
- Solid experience with version control systems and with the internals of build and packaging tools like Cocoapods, Carthage
- Experience in using/ maintaining CI/CD pipelines and an Inclination towards writing tests,following TDD, etc.
• Understanding of MVVM, MVP, MVC, Viper models and the ability to choose based on the situation